The last few weeks our family has been too busy with activities related to aging parents who need special attention to allow for me to post our weekly article. In fact it has been almost one month since my last post. I have written about the dangers of being too busy and over the last month, I have definitely been too busy, but it cannot be avoided due to the family issues we are dealing with. The good news is that I will have lots and lots of material on which to write once we get past the most difficult aspects of this family issue. I have plans to write about the following topics:
- The challenges of being a parent and having to make decisions that your children do not like
- The challenges of being an adult child and having to make decisions that an aging parent does not like
- The Birds and the Bees (How to talk to your children about relationships and intimacy and observing the sixth commandment.
- The challenges and rewards of having a person with special needs in your family – I may have some guest contributors to this article, contact me if you have a special needs members of your family and would like to share some wisdom.
- Fear, where does it come from? how do we deal with it? Fear can be a good thing, but the gospel tells us to be not afraid.
- I am open to other suggestions for topics, so please make a comment here if you have a topic that your would like addressed or a question you would like answered.
Please do keep my family in your prayers as we navigate these very stormy waters. The issues are related to my Father’s health and it is a very complex situation to say the least, but we have made huge strides in the last month towards a path out of the storm.
About the Author:Allen Hébert is a Senior Solutions Engineer in the Information Technology Industry. Allen and his wife Denae, have been married for over 31 years and they have been blessed with nine children. Allen enjoys swimming, driving the family RV and the great outdoors.