God’s plan for family life is a beautiful plan, ordained and sanctified by Jesus himself as He chose to enter into human history through a family. For the majority of His life, he lived family life and by his example showed us just how important it is to our salvation.
If we trust in God, He will richly reward us with a family life that will guard, reveal and communicate love. It will not be perfect, but it will perfectly prepare us and our children for heaven and evangelize the world one family at a time.
- Get to know you exercise (normally done in small groups) – The Domestic Church
- Denae Hebert – The Mission of the family is guard, reveal and communicate love. We must have our priorities in order, God first, spouse second and children third.
- Allen Hebert – God’s Plan is better than our plan.
- Homework – Family Crest Activity – Instructions here – We passed out cardboard crests, but you can do the project using a poster board available at the grocery or drug store.
- Daily Scripture and Quotes on Family Life – download file – You should includes these short readings in your daily prayers and also pray specifically for your family to increase in holiness throughout the week.