The Family Formation program is more than just talks and homework, it is an opportunity for parents to learn about God’s plan for family life through practical talks as well community with other parents who may be at different stages in the parenting process or going through the same joys and struggles as they are. Lastly, there are practical homework assignments for the parents to take home and do with their families to begin to implement the topic of the meeting.
If you are unable to attend a Family Formation course in person, you can use the materials in this part of our website to download the handouts, listen to the talks, do the activities with your children, and use the daily scripture and quotes as part of your daily prayer. Perhaps you can find other parents who would like to go through the online version with you.
Here is the normal schedule for each night of the program:
- 30 minutes – Small Groups (Accountability)
- 30 minutes – Reflection on Topic of the day (the talk)
- 20 minutes – Activity based on Topic of the Day
- 10 minutes – Homework Assignment and Q&A
- God’s Plan for Family Life – Priorities
- Family Prayer – the Foundation of the Family
- Family Play – Fun is key to a healthy family life
- Love within the Family – Love unconditionally
- Community – The Importance of the Parish Community
- Evangelization – Sharing the Good News about God’s Plan for the family
- Closing Event – a Celebration of Family – A Family Fun Day